Often we see a gap between the culture and values that are published and those that are observed on a daily basis. An honest culture assessment is a great starting point for change and we highly recommend conducting one for any workplace culture initiatives.
Take the Culture Quiz
The culture quiz questions below are basic and revolve around company values because every company has values whether they are stated or not. Regardless of your management style your values shine through without fail. An honest culture evaluation will involve more than a single leader sizing up their culture. This blind spot catches many leaders by surprise when they read and hear about the actual perceptions that are filtered before reaching their desk.
A workplace culture assessment can reveal key insights about your company’s:
A full culture assessment includes employee focus groups, leadership interviews, and employee engagement/customer experience data. There is no substitute for actual interviews with your team and employees. Leaders are often in the dark about the real culture of their companies.
1. Does your organization have a set of identified Core Values?
2. Do those Core Values drive the decisions made by the organization at all levels?
3. Can every Employee within your organization state the Values by memory?
4. Has your organization assigned specific behaviors to the Values?
5. Are the Values integrated into the review process?
(Are Living the Values part of employee performance evaluations?)
6. Does your organization hire for Values?
(Are you willing to hire someone who may not have all of the trainable skills necessary but does exhibit all of the Values?)
7. Are the Values integrated into the hiring process?
(For example, do interview questions reflect the Values you are looking for in your candidates?)
8. Does your organization fire for Values?
(Is your organization willing to fire a high performing Employee who does not live by the Values created?)
9. Does your organization provide rewards and recognition to employees based on Values?
10. Does your organization utilize the Values to communicate and set expectations for your customers and business partners?
How Did You Do?
If you answered yes to all ten questions, congratulations, we see bright things in your future! If not, you could be missing out on opportunities to:
Contact us to discuss all things related to your workplace culture or to schedule an assessment.
Enter your email for your free report.